Best Space Saving Microwave Ovens
With apartments getting smaller due to land getting more expensive, it becomes imperative to equip homes with compact appliances and electronics. Space saving microwave ovens can be a boon for people living in homes and apartments with limited space. Thankfully, there many spacemaker microwave ovens that you can invest in without feeling the pinch. However, before you begin your hunt for the best compact microwave in 2018, here are some benefits of going in for a space saver microwave – small microwave oven.
Benefits of Space Saving Microwave Ovens
When space is an issue, compact appliances are the perfect solution. With a small, compact microwave oven, you will not be sacrificing features. A small microwave will allow you to reheat leftovers, ensure you can enjoy the quick cooking options and also defrost frozen food items. Of course, the cooking capacity will be small, but that is about all.
Some of the best compact microwave ovens are easy to install. You do not require special installation as is the norm with built-in and over-the-range microwave ovens. You just need to plug in the microwave to a power outlet and you will be able to use it right away.
So, if you are looking for the perfect small microwave, check the following which have made it to the top of the best compact microwave of 2018 list.
#1. Westinghouse WCM660B Best Compact Rotary Microwave Oven (0.6 Cu. ft.)
This may be the smallest microwave oven reviewed among all of them. Although this product is limited in size, you will not have to contend with limited features or capabilities. Westinghouse WCM660W Compact Rotary Microwave Oven (0.6 Cu. ft.) comes with six cooking power levels – high, medium/high, medium, medium/low, defrost and low. It also features a 30-minute timer and you will get an audible alert when the timer reaches zero. The door handle is designed for easy grip, and the rotating mechanical dials make operating the microwave a breeze. It offers 600 Watts of cooking power with a 9.5-inch turntable. The interior capacity of this small, compact microwave is 0.6 cubic feet, making it ideal for small apartments, studio apartments and dorms. The dimensions of the microwave are 17.8 inches width x 13.6 inches depth x 10.3 inches height.
Westinghouse WCM660W Compact Rotary Microwave Oven (0.6 Cu. ft.) has won rave reviews from customers. Many customers loved the fact that this spacemaker microwave comes with dials and not a touchpad. One customer stated that it was the perfect microwave for seniors since the knobs made it easy for older adults to use the microwave without any difficulty. Others have praised the size of the microwave, claiming that it does not take up a lot of space on the counter but is still big enough to accommodate a dinner plate.
- Compact microwave that utilizes limited space
- Clearly marked timers for easy identification
- Since it is without a digital screen there is no worry of a glow keeping you up in the night
- Simple and convenient operation
- Does not come with a seconds timer
- Due to one side being heavier than the other, this microwave can slide if you open or close the door roughly, but that can be remedied by placing anti-skid mat under the microwave
#2. Farberware FMO07ABTBKA Classic Small Microwave Oven (0.7 cu. ft.)
If you are looking for the best small microwave oven, you cannot go wrong with Farberware FMO07ABTBKA Classic Small Microwave Oven (0.7 cu. ft.). It yields a cooking power of 700 Watts. The best part about this space saver microwave – small microwave oven is that it comes with multi-stage cooking option that allows you to customize your snacks and meals. It also offers from one minute to six minutes express cooking quick-start options, and you can add +30 seconds to the cooking time. It can defrost by time and weight, and it even comes with a clock and timer, digital control and a custom memory function that allows you to save your favorite recipes’ timings. The icing on the cake is a one year limited warranty from the manufacturer. The dimensions of this small, compact microwave oven are 17.8 inches x 12.9 inches x 10.1 inches.
One customer stated that they wanted a space saving microwave for quick heating and FMO07ABTBKA Classic Small Microwave Oven (0.7 cu. ft.) fits the bill perfectly. It is compact and lightweight so you can move it around without any hassle. Other customers have said that it is perfect for a small apartment and great for reheating as well as cooking food. It can accommodate a dinner plate quite effortlessly. A majority of customers is quite satisfied with the performance of this microwave oven.
- Its small size is its biggest attraction
- It is lightweight, making it portable
- The quick-start express menu is advantageous for preparing quick meals and snacks
- It can do everything that a larger-sized microwave oven can do
- The black interior can make it difficult to spot stains
- The lightweight of the oven can cause it to slide when the door is opened
- May require you to extend cooking time due to compact size and lower wattage
#3. LG LCS0712ST Compact Microwave Oven (0.7 cu. ft.)
With dimensions of 12.2 inches x 17.9 inches x 10.1 inches, LG LCS0712ST Compact Microwave Oven (0.7 cu. ft.) makes it to the list of space saving microwave ovens. It is stylish to look at, and its stainless steel exterior can ensure it fits into any kind of kitchen décor. It has 0.7 cubic feet of interior space along with 700 Watts cooking power. The digital touchpad comes with quick start cooking and defrost options that are clearly marked. It also features a clock and kitchen timer. The microwave oven is easy to clean and maintain.
Customers are extremely pleased with the size of this microwave. They find LG LCS0712ST Compact Microwave Oven (0.7 cu. ft.) simple to use. Although this microwave oven is priced just under $100, some customers have stated that it is a tad bit expensive compared to similar microwave ovens. Nonetheless, it can easily accommodate a 10-inch dinner plate, making it perfect for heating and reheating food.
- Small-sized microwave oven that has all features you may require
- Proven brand that is renowned for being dependable
- Can heat food evenly and uniformly
- Offers good value for money
- Slightly more expensive than similarly sized space saving microwave ovens
- Buttons may require a little more force than you anticipate
- As the microwave is small and lightweight, it can slide when opening the door
#4. Hamilton Beach Small Microwave Oven (0.7 cu ft)
Perhaps another name for the best compact microwave oven is Hamilton Beach Microwave Oven (0.7 cu ft)! It comes with 10 cooking power levels and six quick-cook menu options. It has a power output of 700 Watts and can defrost either by weight or time. If you have kids, you will love the lock-out feature that lets you leave the microwave unsupervised even in the presence of children. This elegant-looking microwave comes with an LED display that is easy to read while the touchpad is convenient to use. It also has a timer and clock. The inside dimensions of the microwave oven are 11 inches x 13 inches.
Customers, who have purchased Hamilton Beach Microwave Oven (0.7 cu ft), have stated that they love the white interior as it allows them to identify stains and ensure the interior is always hygienically clean. Few others have said that this small microwave oven can easily heat an array of food items to the temperature they want. Most customers have praised the performance of the microwave and its perfect size.
- Perfect size for a small apartment or a kitchen with limited counter space
- Offers great value for money
- No need to thaw frozen items as you can defrost and cook them simultaneously
- The beeping continues after opening the door and this can be annoying
- Black exterior and white interior can clash with kitchen décor
- May require more time to heat or cook food
#5. Panasonic NE-1054F Stainless Space Saving Microwave Oven (0.8 cu. ft.)
Panasonic NE-1054F Stainless Space saver Commercial Microwave Oven (0.8 cu. ft.) is small but functional. Its dimensions are 20-1/8 inches width x 16.5 inches depth x 12 inches height. It is stylish to look at, thanks to the stainless steel front section. Although this is a small, compact microwave oven, it is definitely a heavy-duty commercial-grade microwave is not only perfect for homes with high volume cooking and heating needs, but also for restaurants, offices and convenience store. It has a massive 1000-Watt power output with 20 menus that you can program in Braille. It also has 10 memory pads for storing cooking and heating timings for your favorite dishes. This microwave comes with six cooking power levels while the spacious interior can easily accommodate a large casserole, coffee mug, glass bowl, dinner plate and other commonly used kitchenware. The unique feature of the Panasonic NE-1054F Stainless Space saver Commercial Microwave Oven (0.8 cu. ft.) is that the heat is produced from the bottom and this makes it highly efficient and ensures cooking and heating occur quickly.
Customers, who purchased Panasonic NE-1054F Stainless Space saver Commercial Microwave Oven (0.8 cu. ft.), were thrilled with their choice as they found it to be trendy and functional. Several customers commented about the microwave not sliding while opening or closing the front door. Some of the customers were impressed that the light stays on while the food is being heated or cooked. The fact that it is NSF-approved means cleaning is easier, and this was a feature some customers liked in this spacemaker microwave.
- Stylish looking compact microwave that can fit into a modern or traditional kitchen effortlessly
- Grab-and-Go handle of the microwave allows you to open the door with a single finger
- Sturdy and strong and hence, does not move while opening or closing the door
- Easy to operate
- Does not come with a turntable, but the design ensures you don’t need it
- Can be hard to decipher the numeric pad from certain angles
- Is louder than other microwaves
#6. Sharp Electronics R-21LCF Space Saving Microwave Oven (1 cu. ft.)
This compact microwave comes with several features that will impress you. Sharp Electronics R-21LCF Microwave Oven (1 cu. ft.) is a medium-duty microwave for commercial use. However, you can easily use it at home, as well. It comes with a power output of 1000 Watts and a six-minute light up dial timer which is clearly marked in increments of 10, 15 and 30 seconds, making it easy to use and operate the microwave. Its dimensions are 20.5 inches width x 12-1/8 inches height x 16 inches depth. The sleek-looking cabinet is complemented by a stainless steel door. You can check on the progress of your dish as the light inside stays on during the cooking process.
Even though this space saver microwave – small microwave oven does not come with a setting to defrost frozen items, customers are extremely pleased with its features and performance. One customer stated that they loved this no-frills microwave and liked the fact that it did not have too many buttons. Another customer mentioned that the microwave oven has a solid construction and can perform well even if you do not take care of it. The same customer liked that it has knobs to set the timer.
- Stylish and attractive to look at
- Can take extensive usage without showing any ill-effect, thanks to its sturdy design
- Interior is made from metal that is scratch-resistant
- Allows users to intuitively alter cooking time
- Easy to use, making it the perfect small microwave for a busy household
- Its high price may turn off prospective buyers
- Does not come with a defrost setting which can be inconvenient for few people
- The markers on the dial can be a little difficult to discern when you are selecting the cooking time
- Comes without a turntable, but it is designed to heat from the bottom and this radiates throughout the food
If you are looking for the best compact microwave oven, these six microwave ovens are the ones you should take a closer look at. They are attractive, functional and user-friendly. Do not let space constraints prevent you from investing in space saving microwave ovens as you will not be able to experience the joy of using a microwave that suits your needs.